HARRISON'S HIGH POTENCY MASH, 1 PUND juni 23
A Maximum Nutrient Formula for Small Birds
USES AND STORAGE
A year-round formula for canaries, doves, budgies (parakeets), cockatiels, lovebirds, finches, pigeons and other small birds.
- Conversion: All birds should start out and remain on High Potency Formula for a period of at least 6 months.
- Special needs: For birds that are molting, overweight, underweight, particularly active, housed in a cold climate, recovering from an illness or affected by liver or kidney disease.
- Weaning Birds: Feed High Potency Formula for at least 6-9 months.
- Breeding Birds: Birds should be fed High Potency Formula 1-2 months prior to the breeding period and until chicks are weaned or for at least six months before resuming Adult Lifetime Formula. The amount of supplemental certified organic vegetables and fruits may be increased until the chicks are weaned. For each 2 Tbs (20 g) Formula, add ½ (5 g) Tbs certified organic sunflower seeds.
- Storage: Harrison's Bird Foods do not contain artificial preservatives. Once opened, a bag of Harrison's should be used up within 6 weeks. Storing food in fridge or freezer helps maintain freshness. Note "use before dating" on bag.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Harrison Bird Diet
The mission of HBD International, Inc. (Harrison’s Bird Foods) is to promote the highest standard of care for companion and wild birds through education and the availability of quality, certified organic bird foods and other products worldwide.
Harrison’s Bird Foods – Because the Single Most Important Thing You Can Do For Your Bird is to Feed it Right…
5 Reasons Your Bird Should be Eating Harrison’s
1) HARRISON’S BIRD FOODS
are health foods for birds. By introducing the first avian formulation made from certified organic ingredients, Harrison’s has literally transformed the feeding of pet birds! We have combined the experience of decades of work in the avian veterinary field with that of top PhD avian nutritionists to create formulas to achieve and maintain results.
2) SEED DIETS & HOMEMADE CONCOCTIONS ARE NUTRITIONALLY DEFICIENT
A pet bird who eats a seed diet is not getting all the nutrients it needs to remain healthy. As a matter of fact, malnutrition is the leading cause of death in pet birds. Harrison’s Bird Foods were developed by avian veterinarians, leading aviculturists and top avian nutritionists to be the most nutritionally complete diet available.
3) CERTIFIED ORGANIC and NON-GMO INGREDIENTS
It is very important to understand that birds are extremely sensitive to chemicals used in most contemporary farming. All Harrison’s Bird Foods are certified organic by International Certification Services (ICS) and meet the requirements set forth by the USDA National Organic Program (NOP). Harrison’s Bird Foods contain: NO chemical insecticides, herbicides or fungicides, NO preservatives and NO double-dosed vitamins. HBD screens all of its products for pathogenic bacteria, molds (mycotoxins) and various natural enzymes (e.g.,trypsin) to assure safety for consumption by birds and other animals.
In 2014, Harrison’s Bird Foods acquired a highly coveted non-GMO certification. Harrison’s now also carries the seal of The Non-GMO Project, which guarantees our products meet strict guidelines in regard to never using genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
4) PREMIUM INGREDIENTS RIGHT FROM THE START
Besides being certified organic and non-GMO verifioed, our ingredients are premium, whole grains and legumes, not cheap fine-milled/bleached flours or cereal byproducts. Harrison’s does not incorporate wheat into their bird food formulas.
To assure the finest, safest, healthy bird foods available tests are performed on each and every batch to make sure they meet strict nutritional requirements
5) THE HEALTHY HAPPY BIRD
The signs of a healthy bird are primarily the result of a healthy diet. The ideal pet bird is beautiful and brightly colored, with sleek-looking feathers. A healthy bird likes to sing, play, talk and very often be active and affectionate with family members. Harrison’s Bird Foods’ goal is to help you make your bird a healthy happy bird”.
Why Harrison’s Bird Foods?
“Harrison’s is a proven complete diet that yields the best long term health results of any documented commercial or homemade diet. Harrison’s is the only diet proven to prevent metabolic bone disease, as well as prevent and reduce elevated cholesterol.”
– Greg Harrison, DVM